Dates & Venue:
- 9th to 11th September (Friday to Sunday) 2011.
- The Ireland Institute, 27 Pearse St, Dublin 2 (beside Trinity College)
Friday 9th September
- 19.30: The International economic crises (making the periphery pay)
Fred Magdoff is a professor emeritus at the University of Vermont and a director of the Monthly Review Foundation. He has written extensively on the financial crisis.
Chairperson: Cllr. Catherine Connolly, Galway City Council and barrister.
Saturday 10th September
- 11.00: Is Ireland a Democratic Republic?
Sinead Pentony is Head of Policy at the Think Tank for Action on Social Change (TASC).
Kevin McCorry is a solicitor and former Organiser of NICRA.
Harry Browneis a Lecturer in the School of Media, DIT and a former journalist with The Irish Times.
Chairperson: Fionnula Ui Brogain, trade union organiser.
- 14.00: Ireland and the Eurozone Crises
Anthony Coughlan is Secretary of The National Platform EU Research and Information Centre.
Fabio de Masiis a consultant to the Chief Economist of DIE LINKE in the German Bundestag, Michael Schlecht.Chairperson: Karen Devine, lecturer and journalist.
Sunday 11th September
- 11.00: An all-Ireland Economic Area: Does it make sense?
Peadar Toibin TD is Sinn Féin TD for Meath West.
Peter Bunting is Assistant General Secretary of the ICTU with responsibility for Northern Ireland.John Bradley, former Research Professor at the ESRI, who is an international research consultant in the areas of economic development strategies.
- 14.00: Where is contemporary capitalism going?
Richard Dowthwaite is co-founder of Feasta (the Foundation for the Economics of Sustainability).Kieran Allen is Senior Lecturer at the School of Sociology UCD.
Mary Cullen, Centre for Gender and Women’s Studies TCD and former Senior Lecturer in Modern History at NUI Maynooth.
Chairperson: Catherine Murphy TD.
- 19.00: Social Evening at local venue to be announced at the school
Bookings and admission:
- Full school 25 Euros.
- Individual sessions 6 Euros.
- Students/unwaged half price.
- Frank Keoghan, School Director, 25 Shanowen Crescent, Dublin 9
- Tel: 01-8423076
- Mob: 087-2308330
- website: www.greavesschool.com
- email: post (at) greavesschool (dot) com
How to get there:
The Ireland Institute 27 Pearse St is along the north side of Trinity College, in the centre of Dublin, and the school will be held in the new hall at the back of the building.