How’s this for Economic Literacy by our Smartest Guys In The Room; Is this still a brisk walk to the Emergency Exits, or more like a jog?
- Telegraph – Irish bank flight quickens despite EU rescue: “Deposit flight from Irish banks accelerated sharply at the end of last year on fears of political turmoil, suggesting that the EU-IMF rescue package for Ireland failed to restore confidence.”
- ZeroHedge – €40 Billion Deposit Flight In December Brings Total Irish Bank Run To €110 Billion For 2010;
- LCM Groupe ‘Tipping Points’ via GoldSeek – Beware of Lurking North Africa & EU Bank Runs;
- Irish Independent – Banks lose €40bn over a month in deposits flight: “Withdrawals accelerate as downgrades spook non-eurozone corporations and funds”;
- Irish Central – Just one in three Irish people believe their money is safe in banks:
“Majority think money is not secure… Almost 50% of people believe their money is unsafe in an Irish bank.”