March cancelled but you can still make your voice heard
Unfortunately, for health and safety reasons, connected with the severe weather conditions, the March Against Cuts has been cancelled. However, you can still make your voice heard by signing our online petition. Just follow the link to the petition here.
Sinn Féin anti-cuts rally cancelled due to worsening weather
Sinn Féin has announced the cancellation of its national rally against Budget cuts which was due to take place tomorrow. Party Leader Gerry Adams also commented on the Red C poll published this morning.
Gerry Adams said:
“Sinn Féin does not get carried away or allow ourselves to be unduly distracted by opinion polls.
“However, following last week’s excellent result in Donegal South West, I am confident that there is considerable and growing support for Sinn Féin and that we will continue to build on that.
“Sinn Féin believes there is a better and fairer way of tackling the economic crisis and getting back to recovery. This is the message that is being picked up by Sinn Féin representatives in every constituency.”
Sinn Féin Leader Gerry Adams has also announced that the party’s national rally against the budget, due to take place tomorrow, has been cancelled for health and safety reasons due to the adverse weather conditions. He said the party would continue to pressurise the government and to do all it can to oppose the budget, the IMF/EU deal and remove the government.
Gerry Adams said:
“The Sinn Féin leadership, after consultation with the Gardai, has decided to cancel the party’s national rally against cuts which was due to take place in Dublin tomorrow, Saturday 4th. As weather conditions have deteriorated over the last 48 hours it simply isn’t safe for people to travel into Dublin City. I want to thank the many thousands of people who were preparing to attend the rally from every county in Ireland, despite the weather, and to commend all our members who worked so hard in terrible conditions mobilising for this event.
“We will continue to keep pressure on this government and do everything we can to oppose next Tuesday’s budget, the disastrous IMF/EU deal and to put this government out of office. We will continue to set out our plan for economic recovery.
“I want to call on the everyone who planned to attend tomorrow’s rally to contact your local Government TDs by email and phone to express your disgust at the proposed cuts and the IMF/EU deal.
“Sinn Féin protests will continue in towns and cities across the country. We will also be announcing details of a major protest at Leinster House on budget day next Tuesday.”